Friday 27 December 2019

Towards Costa Rica




Oh yes! We are done with the 4 Central American countries (Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras & Nicaragua). So glad that all the corruption is behind me. Phew! We crossed 4 countries in just 8 days with Honduras as the most memorable one for me (in a bad way).

Crossing borders are really bothersome when there are so many helpers out there to bother you all just to get your money. I found it so stressful that I flared up big time at the guy at the Honduras border and got aggressive. As a result, we didn't need to pay that much but I should have controlled my temper.

Moving on to Costa Rica was a breeze as compared to the C4 countries. No corruption anymore. However, since we crossed on Boxing Day, it took us about 2.5 hours to cross into Costa Rica.

Now that we're in the capital city of San Jose, we took the opportunity to do some sightseeing. I love architecture and music so we went to the National Theatre of Costa Rica. The architecture is nice but I wished that there was a musical performance. I miss watching music concerts and I was a little disappointed that there wasn't any.

Finally I can get a breather from that hectic schedule and rest up for a while before moving on.

Cheers to you with my cuppa of green tea!

- Written by Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment