Wednesday 1 January 2020

Into Panama City



The border crossing into Panama was quite straightforward and after crossing into Panama, we stopped over at David for a night and rode in the rain for the first time since we have started this tour.

On the next day, we pushed towards Panama City and thankfully, the weather was sunny and the rain was behind us so it was nice condition to ride at higher speeds of about 120-130 km/h.

However, there were so many traffic police hiding at different spots along the way towards Panama City that I got caught TWICE for speeding. I had been caught for speeding several times in Singapore and I thought it was all behind me. Now the traffic police has caught up with me in Panama! LOL!

It was all good. None of the traffic police issued a ticket. So, I'm lucky! But since I didn't want to be stopped every now and then, I decided to be a law abiding citizen and stuck to 80 km/h. It was miserable to ride so slow but I thought I might lose even more time if I get stopped by traffic police again.



We reached Panama City on Monday afternoon and on the next day, we sent our two motorcycles to Girag located at Tocumen International Airport warehouse to air freight to Bogota, Columbia.

Then, on that evening, I realised that I was shivering and feeling unwell. I realised that I came down with fever which lasted until this afternoon. This morning, my temperature went up to 38.9 degree Celsius. I am worried because I don't experience any other symptom apart from having body aches that was probably caused by the fever. I hope it's not something serious that puts me behind schedule again like in Guadalajara last month. If that happens, it will cause me to feel frustrated & stressed as it will be a waste of time being stuck in one place.

- Written by Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment