Monday 16 December 2019

What a day it was at Ciudad Ixtepec, Mexico


After Oaxaca City, we stopped over at this sleepy city for the night. The hotel was not even marked and looked like it was under construction.

The video shows the state of the building.

Hotel at Ciudad Ixtepec, Mexico
https://scontent.fsin5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/79199676_646510319531954_7147440890443726848_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=7ArqFlVY0yEAX9Fh8rv&_nc_ht=scontent.fsin5-1.fna&oh=7df02467ffc19145bc5f3130e5e743eb&oe=5EDA54C4


The next morning, we continued to set off. As usual, we checked out our route on Google Maps. However, this time around, Google Maps suggested that we take "Unknown Road" to get to the highway. We followed and there was full of gravel, sand and stones. It was a total nightmare and it cost us an extra 2 hours to our journey as we had to turn back from that "Unknown Road" as the section joining the highway was washed away and impassable. I dropped my bike in the soft sand section and the left pannier landed on top of my left foot, pinning me down. The left side of my handguard sheared off as a result of the drop.



It was so painful and I screamed at the top of my lungs. The Cardo comm set must have picked that up and Kelvin must have had his eardrums burst. For the first 10 minutes, I couldn't get up at all. At that moment, I thought the trip was over and I was injured and that I am going to be a liability. Thankfully, I could get up but hobbled slightly. I managed to get on the bike and ride again although shifting gears was a pain in the ass. I was feeling stressed out.

I managed to maintain composure and rode about 400km to Tapachula, Chiapas, Mexico. What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment