Sunday 8 December 2019

On the road again to Toluca, Mexico


On the road again to Toluca, Mexico
Posted by 2 Moto Hobos on Sunday, December 8, 2019

I have somewhat recovered from the fifth disease I got and I am able to ride again. My hands and feet are still looking like a lizard. Just don't look at them and you'll not faint! Haha!

After 9 days of being confined to non-riding, it sure feels good to get on the saddle with the wind and flies on my visor! That also means that we have to clean our visors and windshields a lot.

After 6-7 hours of riding from Guadalajara, we reached Toluca. The city of Toluca feels bigger and more modern than Guadalajara. The traffic junctions are equipped with pedestrian traffic lights. I have not noticed one since we entered into Mexico via Nogales.

As I travel southward from Guadalajara, I notice that the sauces are spicier and I am loving it. My spicy tastebud is finally satisfied since Guadalajara. No offence... but the sauces in the northern region of Mexico is too mild even when the restaurant staff said that it is extra spicy. Well, that's just my opinion. I eat very spicy food and love those tiny chilli peppers (aka chilli padi) back home in Singapore and can't live without them.

There is something interesting I notice about Mexico. The locals don't seem to be shy about dancing in public and are able to let themselves go just like in the video. It's a public square with everyone walking about and they are not self-conscious. It just amazed me as an Asian who is not used to seeing these sights.

- Written by Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment