Saturday 30 November 2019

Running a fever in Guadalajara, Mexico

Doing the usual touristy thing












Falling ill when on the road is not fun at all. I am down with tonsillitis and fever and been feeling really sick. My throat hurts so badly that swallowing my food hurts. However, looking on the bright side, I am glad that I didn't fall ill on the 1st and 2nd day upon reaching Guadalajara, Mexico.

Kelvin and I managed to do some sightseeing of the attractions in Guadalajara. We went to the Guadalajara Cathedral and the Mercado Libertad - San Juan de Dios which boasts many food stores and we had our fill of Mexican food. There are other attractions on Google map that we snapped some shots of

Now, I am just stuck in the AirBnB. I am alternating between eating, taking medicine and sleeping. This AirBnB is cheap (only USD12 for a private room with 2 beds), however the catch is that the water in the house may run out at any time. It makes me wonder whether I get to bathe today or not. That has become an adventure in itself. It's the game of "Who gets to use the water before it runs out?"

We have keeping 2 big bottles of tap water as emergency ration in case of bathroom emergency like "AHHH! My head is full of shampoo! And damn, no more water!". This makes me wonder whether is it a common problem across Mexico or is it just this house?



I hope to recover by tomorrow (1 December 2019) because I have to about 400+km of distance to push on Monday and I don't wish to lag behind in schedule.

- Written by Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment