Tuesday 26 November 2019

Meeting The Viking in Mazatlan!


Meeting Glen Heggstad in Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico
Meeting Glen Heggstad in Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico
Posted by 2 Moto Hobos on Tuesday, November 26, 2019


We finally got to meet the man who inspired me to attempt to ride the world all those years ago. Glen Heggstad revelled his travel stories dramatically, telling us about his youth, his life exploits and captivated us, dispensing travel tips, helping us plan the route through Mexico, and warning us of future dangers all at once. He played tour guide, hosted us for 3 nights and showed us Mexican food at the central markets, and genuinely got along with the locals who were practically family with him. A gentleman and martial artist, he was in the news last year for beating up a robber who broke into his home at Paloma Mountains. Glen rode the world when I was still a uni student wondering how I wanted to live my life. In his footsteps and the many other Adv riders, past and present we trail. I'm glad I got to meet the man whose book and ride report steered this chapter of Debbie's and my life.

- Written by Kelvin

No comments:

Post a Comment