Thursday 19 September 2019

My tailbone is fractured!


I just received the radiology/X-ray report and discovered that I have a tailbone fracture just a month out from my trip. It is caused by my carelessness of not putting the side stand properly and the entire bike fell on top of me. I landed on my buttock on the hard ground at the Jurong Point Shopping Centre car park 2 weeks ago.

When something like this happens, it is all too easy to panic as our minds are too overwhelmed by the life situation and it is difficult to cognitively calm ourselves down and act rationally.

I chose to calm down while being confined to the ground and being unable to get up at that moment as I was pinned down by the bike. Swiftly, there was a kind & strong man who lifted the bike off me. Then, he proceeded to lift me up and place me on a chair that belonged to the car wash shop nearby.

The employee at the car wash shop fretted over my well being as well as the man who assisted me. At that moment, I felt so lucky to be surrounded by helpful people.

After a while, I was able to get back on my feet and walk normally again. Then, I proceeded to go up to the condominium that is located above the shopping centre to give tuition.

Throughout the rest of the day, I tried to focus on what I was supposed to do, and was able to carry on working as per normal and help with my students' impending national exams.

It is often far too easy to fall prey to our storytelling minds. Of course, I am not saying that we should ignore our pain. In fact, we should embrace them and know that they are there and seek medical intervention when needed. However, we should not allow our minds to continue to ruminate on all the possible scenarios and cloud our judgement.

Most certainly, I did seek medical attention and was told that the bone will heal on its own in 2-4 weeks' time. I have to ensure that I don't fall again and take Arcoxia for the next 2 weeks. Fingers crossed! Lol!

Written by Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment