Monday 30 September 2019

A Final Visit to the Travel Clinic before trip departure


Today, we met up with Associate Professor Dr Lim Poh Lian for a final consultation at Tan Tock Seng Hospital's Travellers' Health & Vaccination Clinic before our trip that is starting in October.

Today's visit was mainly getting medical advice on how to deal with malaria and altitude sickness. Additionally, we also needed to get prescription and medication in a bid to combat these pesky ailments that do plaque travellers. When she was talking about the medical advice, I was beginning to face the reality of this trip head on. Undoubtedly, I was feeling really anxious. Everything is becoming real.

Dr Lim is indeed an amazing doctor who managed to discover Singapore's first case of monkeypox while she was on duty on 7 May 2019. Dr Lim is highly recommended among the motorcycling tourers in Singapore. The first Singaporean couple who travelled the world, Goh Mia Chun and Samantha, sought her advice before they travelled a decade ago. Our good friend, Juvena Huang aka The Wandering Wasp, also looked for Dr Lim before her epic solo tour from Singapore to Europe. A couple of other tourers in Singapore such as Charlie Tseng, Poh Yu Seung and Rosalind Ng also used her expertise before their travels overseas. Prof Lim is currently the head of the Travellers' clinic and a former Harvard graduate.

Do request for Dr Lim when you need advice for travel medicine. I believe she is the best doctor to consult in this area of expertise. We would highly recommend Dr Lim.

Written by Debbie

1 comment:

  1. Very nice and information piece that you've shared here. The thrill of discovering and learning new things is just like a fire I can't quench. So far I have been to several countries like Canada, New Zealand, Malaysia, UK, and seeing your blog I love it. I feel there is a thing or two I could learn merely reading through your blog posts. They are just so amazing and I don't think I have seen any writing like this before, so accurate and informative. I would also love to contribute to your blog my experiences and travel (that is, if you let me).

    ReplyDelete